Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Proposal

7/10

Location: Oakville 5 Drive-In

The evening started out as a total bust. Karen and I had decided to hit the drive-in days in advance. I picked her up, and we were on our way out to Oakville when the sky opened up and poured on us. The rain continued for about 30 minutes...and I turned into bitchy girl. I was pissed, as there was no rain in the forecast, which I had watched an hour earlier.

We pulled in and noticed that no one seemed to care that it was raining - the cars were streaming in as though it was the norm. So, we decided to chance it. $15 per carload on Thursday nights. Good price.

SECONDS before the movies began, it stopped. There couldn't have been better timing! We missed the first few minutes of the film though because as soon as the rain stopped, everyone jumped out of their cars and made a beeline to the snack bar. It was all good because I got my popcorn, my slushie and some candy floss. If they sold funnel cakes, I could have died there and then, because I would have been happier than a pig in poo.


And now to the movie:

Did I ever
mention how much I like Ryan Reynolds? Did I ever mention that I think he is perfection?

I actually like Sandra Bullock too. How can you not like her? I bet you she's really cool in real life too as she seems really down to earth. The two of them had good chemistry. I had read that there were nude shots for both of them, but it was simply half nude shots, with private parts hidden. What a shame.

The movie was okay. A light romantic comedy, but not too silly. Okay, yes, silly. But I like the two main actors so it was bearable.


No comments: