9/10
Excellent, excellent movie.
Before I go on, I must admit that I found it very, very difficult to get past Jeff Bridges' eyebrows. Please allow me to direct you to an old blog entry.
I'm just saying that it only takes a few seconds to take scissors to the brows. That's all. I thought maybe it was done on purpose for the role, but he showed up at the Oscar's ungroomed too. Pity.
Back to the movie.
WOW. Can Jeff really sing! And play a mean guitar! I had no idea.
The story was wonderful. The acting was great and the location(s) were beautiful. Maggie did a great job - and the biggest shocker of all - was Colin Farrell as the younger, more successful musician. Again, I had no idea he could play the guitar and sing so well too.
Once again, it didn't end in a feel good way. I loved the realness and the rawness of this movie.
No one is perfect - we're all just trying to find our way in the world. Stumbling through each day.
There is one thing that they could have done to improve the credibility of Jeff's character. I would have had more empathy for him if he hadn't been married 3 or 4 times before meeting Maggie. It had me wondering if it was actually true love, or whether this was just the trend that he usually follows when he meets someone that he considers "special". Hell, maybe that was part of the movie? It was trying to confuse the viewer, who knows.
WELL worth watching. He deserved the Oscar for this one!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment