Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Lucky Number Slevin

Rating: 7/10

This was a confusingly witty movie that had twists and turns that weren't predictable. The first half of the movie was hilarious...some people didn't quite get the humour, but I was howling. The second half was more serious, and concentrated on showing the viewers the background of the story and how it ended up where it did. Lucy Liu was great in her role, and Morgan Freeman said the f-bomb about 6 times. I don't think I had ever heard him swear so much in one movie. It was awesome. Pay attention to the Forrest Gump Bubba guy who has the funniest facial expression throughout the movie. That alone made me giggle for minutes after his scenes were finished.

Bonus points for having a Canadian in the movie...Peter Outerbridge. You may remember him as a transgendered character in Better Than Chocolate. Oh, and one of the downtown scenes was busted by the TD bank tower in the background. Only a Canadian would catch that I guess :)

No comments: