Rating: 9/10
Oh my goodness - finally a movie that was made for me. The subtleties of this movie were fantastic. How many people can make a movie with this title and make it work? This guy - that's who. His name is Jason Reitman, and he's a genius.
So many scenes come to mind when I think back to this movie...father and son watching the big screen TV in the lobby, the son's comments when his father comes in to speak to the class, the fight between the Merchants of Death, the name of the son's school, etc. This movie was so incredibly intelligent that I am waiting for the next gem from Jason Reitman.
I'm sure the book is probably good as well, but as I was reading the blog entries on www.imdb.com I came across this one that made me laugh...it's so true, lol.
______________________________________________
"Seriously, every time that a movie is made after a book, anyone who has read the book clamours on and on about how the book was better than the movie. I really don't care and it just seems like a vain attempt to point out to everyone how you read the book."
_______________________________________________
Tee hee. SEE THIS MOVIE!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment