Sunday, June 25, 2006

Friends With Money

Rating: 6/10

Movie was okay. It's a REAL movie, depicting REAL characters. It's exhausting watching shows like Friends and Will and Grace where everything is always wonderful and peachy keen. This movie shows that these friends are close, but they are cynical and honest towards one another. It was nice to see Jennifer Aniston as the dope smoker, as she always plays goodie-two-shoe characters....what else...oh, Frances McDormand was hilarious as usual, and Catherine Keener....man that woman needs to stop whining in movies and actually show us a glimpse of a smile. The only movie that I have really LIKED her in was the 40 Year Old Virgin, only because she was different than the others. She's someone who is majorly typecast into these depressing, bitchy roles. Joan Cusack was looking old in this movie...and she's only 44. She looks like she could use a 3 day sleep. Maybe she's working too hard? OR maybe her character was supposed to look like that. And yes, I know I am not as young as I used to be either...so zip it.

No comments: