Rating for it being a well written,serious movie 0/10
Rating for it being entertaining in my warped brain 8/10
OH.
MY.
GOD.
It's a different story when you go to a movie and you understand that it is made to be so incredibly bad that it's actually good (campy). This movie, however, was originally made to be serious. I think. It had to be. Either way, I was the one individual in the theatre who managed to BURST out laughing every 5 minutes at highly inappropriate times. It was just so blooooddddy BAD. I'm pretty sure that Dan was embarrassed of me since I was attracting so much attention. Either way, I thought the movie was ridiculous. The last 20 minutes was so dumb that it reminded me of a SNL skit with Chris Farley. Dan still imitates Nicolas Cage and I manage to giggle each time, remembering the absurdity of the flick.
I just watched Ebert and Roeper last night - instead of Ebert, they had Aisha Tyler as a guest critic. I wish she was on ALL THE TIME because her reviews were fantastic. Check out her review of this movie at:
http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/today.html
She and Roeper mentioned that Nicolas Cage should have been asked to give back his Oscar for making this movie, because it was "entertainingly bad". I couldn't have said it better myself.
As far as Molly Parker choosing to do this movie (my favourite Cdn actress)...well, all I can say is that she must have had a gun to her head or something. She's so misunderstood.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment