10/10
There have only been a few movies that I have seen twice in the theatre - one of them was Iris, which starred Judy Dench, Kate Winslet and Jim Broadbent. It touched on the whole Alzheimers plot as well.
This movie was beautiful. I'm so happy for Sarah Polley. She's a mere 28 years old and she is already directing and writing her own movies.
I fell in love with Gordon Pinsent's character. His voice, his love for his wife, his understanding, and his presence were captivating. I don't know how I haven't managed to come across him before now. He's incredibly talented and has been in tons of movies and television shows.
One of my favourite performances was from Kristen Thomson, who plays the head nurse/caregiver of the wife. She is incredibly supportive, warm, and nurturing. Just when you think she's too good to be true, she turns and verbally stings Gordon - which is well deserved. This just makes her character more credible. I look forward to seeing her in more movies in the future.
You need to see this movie. It's a tad long, but well worth the 10 bucks. Canadian movies need the support in the theatre.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment