6.5/10
I had high expectations about this movie.
I should NEVER have high expectations about ANY movie.
I loved the 40 Year Old Virgin SO MUCH, that I was excited to hear that the same dude wrote and directed both movies. It was a win-win situation. Right?
Back when 40 YR came out, Wedding Crashers came out at the same time. I didn't like WC because it was full of bathroom/raunchy humour. That type of humour is so unimaginative. 40 YR was hilarious to me because it was based on the relationships between 4 guys - very intriguing and original.
"Knocked Up" was full of bathroom jokes. Some were soo blatant that it was insulting. The best performance was by the sister, who had the best lines ever.
Almost every single actor in 40 was in this movie. Honestly, I would say about 10 of them were in both movies. It had a Kevin Smith feel for this reason alone.
I'm disappointed because comedies aren't usually my forte. I will go see them, but the ones that really get me laughing are black comedies or dram-edies. Full force comedies are usually bland and forced to me. If the humour isn't clever, I can't get into them. For example, my favourite comedies are....My Cousin Vinny, The Ref, Saved, 16 Candles, etc.
Oh well. Maybe someone soon will release a great comedy again. In the meantime I will stick to my dramas.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment