8/10
I was a little worried about this movie, since I LOVED 40 Year Old Virgin and wasn't a fan of Knocked Up. I was fearing yet another movie chock-full of toilet humour and references to sex and bodily functions. The first 15 minutes of the movie moved in this same direction, but then made a u-turn and continued with a totally different objective.
First off, the three main characters in this movie were tremendous. They had amazing chemistry, and although they were all so different, they were the perfect amalgamation.
I wanted to squeeze Michael Sera; he was so cute! He would have been the type of kid that I'd be interested in while in high school. I loved the fact that although most of the kids were looking to get laid and drunk, the one girl holding the party chose not to drink...and was disappointed that Seth was drunk when he told her of his crush. I liked that they managed to squeeze in a straight-laced cool chick (me in high school) with all of the party goers. She also chose to like the non-buff insecure guy over the buff jock-types.
It was a non-traditional teen dramedy. I enjoyed it, and will never forget my favourite term from the movie:
"Samesies."
My favourite teen comedy/dramedy from the last 15 years still remains as "Can't Hardly Wait." LOVE THAT MOVIE. Funny funny funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've already said this to you, but I can't believe you liked this movie. I turned it off after 40 minutes. The only other movie I've done that to was Catwoman (actually, that one was off after 15 minutes, it was just too stupid).
You need to watch the whole thing Jill...and while you are watching it, don't critique it like you would a dramatic movie.
Comedies are intended to be stupid. Just turn your brain off, eat some gluten-free goodies, and laugh.
M
I tried, oh god, how I tried! I'm not one of those people who dislikes many movies. I enjoy anything because I usually just absorb it. But... I couldn't do it!
Post a Comment