Sunday, September 16, 2007

You Kill me

6/10

If anything wonderful came out of seeing this movie, it was the discovery of the Bloor Cinema. What a gem! Cheap movies, phenomenal theatre, and the clientèle is mature and alternative. I believe I probably was at that theatre back when I was 19- my boyfriend took me there to see Rocky Horror Picture Show, which I will never forget. If you have never seen that movie, you should go. Seriously. You will never forget that night as long as you live. The movie sucks, but the overall experience is what you will remember.

Anyhow, back to the movie.

Tea Leoni's character was fabulous in this movie. She was sarcastic, unshakable, and probably the most understanding person anyone could meet.

My favourite quote from this movie?
______________________________________________________

Are you pregnant?

No! Unless you put something in my egg-roll. And then put the egg-roll in my...
____________________________________________________________

The timing was hilarious. Most people missed it, because Tea Leoni has the exact humour as her husband, David Duchovny. They deliver it with the dryness of a bone, but it comes at ya like a ton of bricks.

The movie was okay. Just okay. Nothing too wonderful. I felt that Bill Pulman was trying to emulate Robert Deniro in Taxi Driver - a bad imitation. Luke Wilson needs a shampoo too. He looks greasy all the time.

Other than that, meh. Twas okay.

No comments: