7.5/10
I had no idea what this movie was about, as it wasn't my choice. I decided to just go and have a good time.
I won't tell you the story, but it was quite well done. Short of a few cheesy scenes, it was enjoyable. Charlize did a great job, and it was nice to see Tommy Lee Jones create a character where he wasn't yelling at everyone.
And of course.......
With about 15 minutes to go, the fire alarm went off in the theatre. I'm not sure what it is about me and bad movie theatre experiences, but I just took it in stride and watched the rest of the movie with the dinging in the background. The good news, is that we were presented with two free movie passes for the inconvenience!
Let's review the stupid movie experiences I have had:
Polar Express
Movie was put together incorrectly - half of the movie was normal, second half was upside down and the sound was played backwards. Creepy.
The Aviator
Movie projector busted about an hour in. Thank goodness. Bored me up to that point.
Little Miss Sunshine
The movie tape busted and was all over the ground.
Childstar
They refused to play the movie for me and a friend because we were the only ones that bought tickets that night. It wouldn't be worth their while to play it, financially.
In the Valley of Elah
Fire alarm.
It always ends in free movie passes, so although inconvenienced at the time, it allows me to see an extra movie. Not a bad deal.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment