Monday, October 08, 2007

Into The Wild

9.5/10

WOW.

I have not cried as much during a movie, as in this one. I cried in the beginning, the middle, and the end. I left the theatre crying. I cried on the way home. It was unbelievable. I'm tearing up thinking about it. Bah!

Sean Penn is a genius. He managed to find the perfect people for these roles. It's hard for me to decide whether I thought this kid had it all right, or had lost his marbles. He seemed to touch all of the lives of people during his journey, yet he didn't seem to connect with any of them. He was this lonely wanderer, who had left his life behind.

The old man in this movie (Hal Holbrook) will tear your heart out and make you weep like a little child.

You need to see this movie. There are no special effects, no explosions, and no action. It's quite slow in some spots too. But WOW. What a phenomenal movie. The acting. The story. The filming. Fantastic.

No comments: