4/10
Man, was this movie PAINFUL at times. I didn't do much reading up on it which is my fault. For some reason, I thought it would be funny. You know, considering it has "Funny People" in the title and all.
Boy, was I wrong.
You know, I can't even recall much about the movie at all. It dragged on and on and on and on. And on. And on. And on. This depressing movie was 2 hours and 26 minutes long. Ugghh.
I saw this with my friend Kari, who had never been to a drive-in before. Watched it at The Docks - review below. I was looking more forward to the movie afterward "Public Enemies".....but they changed this at the last minute to "The Hangover", which I had already seen.
The Docks Drive-In
Waited in a car-line for about 20 minutes, ingesting the gas fumes from the go-kart track beside us. They asked me to pop my trunk to see if I had any alcohol in the trunk. Meanwhile, I could have had it under my seat or in my backseat or in my ass crack - but they never checked those places. That was a little disappointing. .....considering my date didn't put out. The atmosphere is very city-like. You listen to 18-wheelers carting cargo in and out of Cherry Street - crossing a metal bridge that makes a ton of noise when something that heavy drives over it. You smell the fishy water. It was kind of a waste of $13. Not a cheap outing, for one movie that blew and one movie that I had seen before. They make you buy these cheesy water-bottle-type drinking glasses for their pop, which holds about 3 ounces of Coke for about $6. If you don't want to use this at home, you end up wasting this bottle, which I did. Actually, I put it in a city recycling box, but I am unsure as to whether it can actually be recycled. Oh well, it's the city's problem now. If they throw it out, they are going to hell, not me.
The company was nice and any night out is better than a night at home, so a good time was had by all.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment