Monday, December 07, 2009

Everybody's Fine

9/10

This movie reminded me A LOT of one of my all-time favourite movies, About Schmidt.

It's about a recently widowed man, who has 4 kids that live in different parts of the United States. They all plan to come home to visit for one weekend and then they all bail within a few hours. He decides to go on a giant road trip to surprise each of them in their respective cities.

It's not the holiday-esque type of feel-good movie though. I think this is why I liked it. It was completely real.

I won't give the rest of the plot away, but holy moly. Get ready to be moved. A thousand times.

I really, really enjoyed this movie. And DeNiro. Friggin' Deniro. He's a genius. I can watch him do something so simple like eat his spaghetti..... and be completely engrossed with him.

Beautiful flick.

No comments: