Monday, December 07, 2009

An Education

8.5/10

I was impressed with this movie.

It was odd to me to see a man that could woo both this child and her parents in the way he did. The parents were so concerned with her meeting a nice guy that they didn't find it predatory in any way. Even with the 15+ year age difference.

Peter Sarsgaard was great in his role. Very suave and charming. Carey Mulligan was a brand new face for me. She was FANTASTIC. I was convinced that this high school student could be so wise beyond her years in specific ways, because she was so naive in others.

Each role was delivered perfectly. The teacher = excellent. The girlfriend of his friend = dopey and wonderful.

A must-see for 2009.

*spoiler*

As you all know, I am jaded when it comes to men. During this movie, I was thinking...."Wow, men used to actually be like that? He's wooing her and is putting forth so much effort. Wow."

And then we find out he's married.

Pig.

Nothing's changed over the years :)

No comments: