8/10
This movie was freaking hilarious, in a total effed up sort of way. "The plot is a smart excuse for a movie about nothing but appearing to be about a lot of things".*
John Malkovich did a phenomenal job- he always seemed to have one line that he repeated "What the eff?!" Man, he made me laugh.
Frances McDormand is a favourite of mine and as usual, she did a great job. Brad Pitt usually does nothing for me, but he was awesome in this flick.George Clooney is dead to me. He has such average talent and he didn't seem to surpass my expectations. I still don't understand why he is considered a heart throb. Blows my mind.
It's an intertwining story between approximately 6 characters that doesn't really come together at the end - but that was the beauty of the film.
The actor who played the CIA superior was PERFECT. I don't think they could have found a better guy to play this role. He's in so many movies, and you see him everywhere; yet you'd never know his name. J.K Simmons. Watch for this guy.
Anyhow, I really liked this flick. I'd recommend it.
Just be prepared to be thinking......what the EFF? During the whole movie.
* ripped off from Katie Meyers on the imdb.com website
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This movie reminded me a bit of Fargo...not because of Frances McDormand, but because the feel of the movie had the same "I'm stuck in something that I don't really understand" feeling that Fargo did....I'm also not a fan of Brad Pitt, but I loved his dorkiness...he was very believable as a dork and that made me laugh each time he was on screen :)
Post a Comment