Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Black Swan

7.8/10

Hmm. Definitely NOT for everyone. Or better yet, not for 75% of the population.

Very odd. Creepy. Confusing. Interesting. Different. Sexual.

I don't want to give anything away, but the story is kinda cool. What's real? What's a lie? What did I dream? What did I just do?

So many questions.

If you've ever seen The Machinist, you know how hard it was to watch Christian Bale in that character as he almost starved himself to death to do that role. Natalie Portman almost did the same thing. She was so tiny and frail and hard to watch. I wanted to secretly smoosh a Big Mac into her mouth through the whole thing.

Great acting. Great dancing.... although I'm not a big ballet fan. I can appreciate how hard these dancers train, both in the studio and in their own lives.

An interesting movie. Very dark. Know what you're getting into before you go.

No comments: