Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Fighter

6/10

Sometimes I really hate Hollywood. I mean, the more successful you become, the more critical acclaim you get for movies that are average at best.

This was one of them. Got a ton of press because Mark Wahlberg directed and starred in it. Blah blah blah.

True story, and all that. They all did a decent job. Was cool to see Amy Adams in a role where she wasn't meek. She was an assertive take-no-shit waitress. Loved her.

However, I define this movie as being a black comedy. I was bursting out with laughter at so many scenes that no one else seemed to be. I felt the same way when I watched Gran Torino. It was so ridiculous at times.

Let's talk about the sisters. The freaking sisters. Inbred much? Every time they were on camera, I was busting a gut. So ridiculous. Same goes with the mother. Their trashiness was soooooooo overblown at times that I couldn't help but laugh. No one else seemed to share my humour though.

Average movie. It's unfortunate that there weren't many good movies this year, therefore mediocre ones like this got more attention than they deserved.

No comments: