Friday, January 07, 2011

Burlesque

7/10

So Joanie wanted to see this and I just want to see her happy, so we went to a matinée in Collingwood.

I had the expectation that it would likely be a little ghey.

It was....definitely a little ghey, however I think I really enjoyed it. It was like being in the front row of a broadway performance. Yes, it was a little too rich with excess at times, but it worked. I really don't think this movie would translate to a home viewing experience. You need to be in the theatre...just like Mamma Mia. You need to experience the loudness and the grandioseness to truly "get it".

My mom loved every second of it. If I could provide her with an opportunity to turn off her brain at the hardest time of the year, I consider my job well done.

Oh and Christina...without the severe makeup...is actually quite beautiful. You'd never know it with the egyptian-like stage crap she paints on.

Don't you agree? Much softer look. She's also left a few lbs on since her child, which looks great on her. Don't lose it Christina!! I wondered where those guns came from though. Man are they huge.


No comments: