Sunday, February 25, 2007

Volver

6/10

I'm not a huge Pedro Almodovar fan, but the movie that I wanted to see (Mount Pleasant) had finished that day at this theatre. So Kerri and went to see this movie at the Carlton in Toronto. LOVE THAT THEATRE.

The movie was okay.

One good thing came of it. Before this film, I couldn't handle watching Penelope Cruz, but after watching her in movie when she speaks Spanish, she had a real presence. I think she really sang in the movie and that was cool to see as well.

There was one part that I loved. Every time a woman said hello to another woman, they would kiss each other on the cheek - but in such a dramatic way that there were about 5 separate kisses with strong suction. Very endearing.

By the end, the storyline was very much like Marion Bridge. I won't give it away, but it's something you wish no one you love would have to deal with.


No comments: