Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Gran Torino

3/10

I have an idea.

Let's take the world's shittiest actors, put them in a movie with a shitty script, add some shitty humour, and have the main character voice every single inappropriate racial slur without being called on it...because he's "Clint."

Wow, what a bad movie.

I miss the days back in Calgary, when my friend Bob and I would see shitty movies together. They never seemed half as shitty though, with him at my side. We would gorge on popcorn and slushies, and laugh at the exact same times, because we could see the absurdity of the movie. Sometimes the movies were so bad, but ended up being such a good time, because we "got" each other.

There were times in this movie where I BURST out laughing, since it was utter ridiculousness, and yet no one else was laughing. At the end, I couldn't figure out if it was meant to be campy or serious. It HAD to be campy.

Not sure who did the casting for this movie, but I have serious doubts if any of the actors ever worked before this job. The level of overacting was sickening.

And again, the racial slurs that Clint used? Unforgivable. How does he get away with that shit?

He also had a habit of growling through this movie. I have argued with many people about his acting abilities. I think he's downright dreadful. The growling just made me roll my eyes. Get a grip, Clint.

Granted, I was on a date, with a guy that ended up being a fucking liar. Did I say that out loud? He liked the movie. I should have known then and there that we weren't a match.

No comments: