Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I've Loved You So Long

7/10

Saw this movie at the double bill at the Bloor Cinema. If you've never been there, check it out. Movies are cheap, and the theatre has more character than any other theatre in Toronto. Support the little guys! You know, the ones that actually appreciate the movies that they play.

I kept mixing up this movie and the one below this (Tell No One). Although they are nothing alike, it's probably because Kristin Scott Thomas is in both of them. I actually never realized she spoke french or acted in french-speaking movies....but seriously...why should I? Are we best friends?

That aside, this was a decent movie as well. The plot was different than anything I have seen, and you want to hate the character for having done what she's done...but one part of you wants to understand who she is and why she did it.

Thomas does an amazing job playing the aloof, indifferent sister who just got out of jail. The relationship between her and her sister was completely believable. It goes to show you that family love (the common theme in both Thomas movies) is impermeable.

A very interesting ending as well.

Decent movie.

No comments: