Thursday, November 19, 2009

Whip It

7.5/10

I just wanted another fun movie, so I checked this out with my friend Karen.

It was exactly that. A cute movie. Kristin Wigg was also in this movie (Extract) but she was completely different. Usually she plays the same character with the dry-executed wit, but she was very normal in this movie. I was happy to see that she has diversity with her talent. It's always a bit of a shocker when you see a comedian in a dramatic role.

It was nice to see Juliette Lewis too - haven't seen her around in a while. She still looks the same - hasn't really aged. Tidbit: I saw her on a talk show where she said that this role was probably one of the most difficult ones she has taken. Usually she can draw from some part of her character for her roles, but she claims that because she doesn't have a mean bone in her body it was difficult playing the bully. I found that interesting, especially after seeing her in "Natural Born Killers".

Enjoyable. You'll enjoy it too, as long as you go into it expecting exactly what it is.

No comments: