9/10
It's been one week since you looked at me, cocked your head to the side and said I'm angry....
Chickity China the Chinese chicken you have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin watchin x-files with no lights on, we're dans la maison I hope the smoking mans in this one like Harrison Ford I'm getting frantic......
Just had to sing that song...every time I hear the title of that movie, I start to sing it in my head.
Anyhow, back to the movie.
L-O-V-E-D I-T!
Well you know I am a complete fan of Canadian movies....and this was no different. Although the actual story was kind of simple, I just enjoyed the conversations he had with people along the way. After getting the news that you are going to die, he did what most people WOULD do. He escaped reality for a while. He did something for himself. His fiance/family kept cutting him down for being selfish, but HELLO - he's going to die. Let the boy enjoy himself for a fucking week before he has to face reality again.
His journey brought back so many memories for me. He stopped at all of the same towns I did when I drove out west. He visited all of the roadside attractions - Terry Fox's statue in Thunder Bay was successful in making me cry a second time. I could barely read the engraving on the side of his statue when I stopped there. Watching it again was very moving. The enormity of what Terry did.....indescribable. That boy ran a marathon every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Most people run a marathon or two a year. This man did it every single day for 143 days. Unbelievable. He's truly Canada's hero. Anyhoo, the movie brought back so many memories for me that I was engrossed in every second of it. The music was perfect for the movie as well.
Between Karen and myself, we were in tears for about a full hour, off and on.
There were a few cameos - Gord Downie from The Tragically Hip and Emm Gryner - added to the Canadian quotient.
I have been reading reviews about this movie and most of them hate it. Which is okay - because these same people probably loved Slumdog.
I guess it just boils down to the fact that you like what you like. If something speaks to you, it's okay to go against the grain and just accept it as it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Loved it too :)
Post a Comment